Thursday, February 9, 2017

February Self Portrait

The short time I spent in Thailand has and will continue to shape my life. I learned so much not only about a whole other side of the world, but about myself.



I spent some time this week looking back at the photos from my trip and I think, "who was that girl?" Was I so different then and have I changed so much that the sense of adventure and carefree nature are just non-existent?

The answer is absolutely. My priorities have changed. I have changed. And for the most part, I'm okay with it. We have to grow, develop and accept change as a part of life. But one thing that shouldn't have changed is my desire for adventure. A impromptu wandering. The road less traveled. A random act of kindness. Whatever it may be, it is my goal for the month. Do one thing. See one thing. Experience one thing that challenges me, surprises me or surprises someone who knows me so well.

Now, the next question. What will it be?