But since I didn't have a fish cookie cutter, we're calling them Starfish. This was a very rewarding recipe; simple, quick and tasty.
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons cold butter
1 8-ounce brick of cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons water
1. In a food processor combine the flour and butter.
2. Add in the cheese and salt. Drip in water, one tablespoon at a time.
3. Remove the mixture from the food processor and knead until a ball is formed. Separate into two, wrap in plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
4. Heat the oven to 370 degrees. Flour your counter (or use parchment paper), and roll the dough to 1/8" thickness. Cut dough into shapes and place on cookie sheet (line with parchment or use cooking spray). I sprinkled with some extra salt and Pennacook Pepper Purely Pepper Powder. Bake for 15 minutes (or until brown and crispy).
5. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.