Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Musebles

 

We did it! We finally threw our housewarming party (#4)! We invited our closest friends and family to a get-together with food, drinks and yard games. Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans for us. About an hour before our guests were supposed to show up, the heavens broke loose and filled our backyard, frontyard, driveway and streets with water! We actually were able to make the backyard look quite hospitable with our cornhole boards, tiki torches and makeshift firepit, but that will have be for another party (I will mention that in the middle of the blackness and rain, the sun came out and we have this amazing rainbow in the backyard. I suppose that has to be a little good luck, right?). So instead of the backyard games, we hosted 40 people indoors. Note to Self: 40 people definitely fit in our house, no problem. Another Note to Self: At least 17 of those people will try to hang out in the kitchen and only 6 in the biggest room of the house (the living room).



Regardless, we had a blast. I picked up some essential party decor from Table 7 (their Summer stuff is on sale!). Deb made her yummy meatballs and Italian sausage. I stuck with my old faithful dips of roasted red pepper dip, jalapeno ranch dip and hummus (although this time I added some chipotle peppers) with lots of veggies, cheese, crackers and salami. I tried a new puppy chow (or trash as I was informed it is called in the South) that tastes like Reese Pieces.



We also cracked open our bottle of Almond Champagne (#5), which I finally found at Trader Joe's. The consensus was that the little dixie cup taste was just the perfect amount. I, however, could have had the bottle to myself :)

Mike and I are so fortunate to have so many wonderful friends and family around to celebrate such an exciting time in our lives. I wish we could host parties every weekend but just not pay for them, haha.


I'm participating in the 92 Days of Summer challenge. Read about it here.