Saturday, August 31, 2013

#50: Time Capsule


My best friend Carrie and I made a time capsule and buried it in her yard when we were in elementary school. For the life of me I cannot remember what grade we were in, but after a few years we dug it up, just to see how all the contents weathered. We immediately made another one and buried in her yard again (I'm sure her father loved our capsule holes in his perfectly-manicured lawn), and to my knowledge it is still there.


When we finally moved in to our house I was so excited for Mike and I to make one documenting the start of our new home. While he wasn't exactly thrilled to be participating in yet another list item, he helped me find some knick knacks and personal mementos from around the house.


I hope the next couple who buys the house finds a little excitement and joy when they discover this!


                 I'm participating in my third 92 Days of Summer challenge. Read about the project here.