Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thrifty Thursday



I found this beauty at the Five Points Community Farm Market book store. If you haven't had a chance to check out the book selection, it's seriously a must. The collection isn't overwhelming, but there's a little bit of everything. The prices are reasonable: $2 for hardbacks, $1 for softback books and magazines are free.

I had the original intent to use this 1958 Illustrated Encyclopedia of Sex for my greeting cards. My very first batch of cards were made from a health encyclopedia and they are still some of my favorites. Although after Adrienne spent an evening reading the book she convinced me it's just too interesting to cut up. I couldn't disagree, and honestly it's in really great shape so I couldn't bring myself to hack away a quality book. And, it's pretty racy for 1950s, right?!