Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jalapeno Ranch Dip


You know how sometimes you pin something just because of the name or the photo? That's what I did with this recipe. It sounded delicious, but once I got to reading and looking at the ingredients I wanted to opt out. Instead, I made due with what I had around the house and am extremely please with how it turned out. This might be one of those recipes you insert almost anything in place of the jalapenos and it'll still be super tasty.

What you need:
4 oz low-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1/2 cup pickled jalapenos - make sure you dry them off pretty well. if too much liquid gets in the dip it'll be really runny
1 handful cilantro
1/2 packet of hidden valley ranch seasoning (the powdered mix)

What you do:
Mix everything in the food processor. Add more cream cheese if it's not thick enough or more sour cream if you want it creamier. Also, you can let sit overnight to really maximize the flavors.