Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Vegetarian White Chili


I'm not going to lie, I totally cheated on this recipe. And I will do it again! It's the McCormick White Chicken Chili seasoning packet, but I just left out the chicken. The only time you'll invest this is dinner is chopping vegetables...unless you use frozen, then you'll be done in no time!

What you need:
one packet McCormick White Chicken Chili seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup squash, sliced
cheese, avocado, sour cream and chips for topping and dipping

What you do:
1. Saute the onions and peppers in oil until tender.
2. Add the beans, corn, squash and seasoning packet plus one 3/4 cup water (I like a really thick chili, you can add as much water as you'd like for your desired consistency).
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and avocado. Use chips or tortillas to dip.