Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Spinach & Garlic Pasta
The other night I was craving some pasta. The non-marinara, oily, super garlicky kind. So I made this simple dish with stuff laying around. It was super pungent and hit the spot perfectly.
What you need:
3 cups cooked pasta (I used a mixture of rigatoni and shells)
3/4 cup frozen spinach
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 green onions, chopped
1-2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
3 tbsp butter
What you do:
1. Prepare your pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan.
3. Add the onions and garlic and let saute. Keep the heat low to medium-low, it's easy to burn the garlic in butter.
4. After the onions start to soften, add in the spinach and cook until the leaves are tender.
5. Stir in the cooked pasta and season with Parmesan, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.