Saturday, April 15, 2017

Traditionally, not traditional



I find myself gravitating toward the same felt colors over and over. It's not necessarily a bad thing because the cuties always end up in cherished hands. But! I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone a bit in #the100dayproject. I get to use that unwanted felt at the bottom of the pile, and make a reason to NEED blue {insert other random color I've never used EVER before} flowers in your life.


I've also enjoyed posting photos of the flower-making process. Some people may feel I'm giving away my secrets, but the truth is cutting perfectly rounded 1/8" pieces of felt isn't the easiest thing in the world! So I'm happy to share my techniques as it takes practice to hone in on your exact style.


At the end of (three days), I'm pretty happy with my very Springy Bouquets. I think what also seals the deal for me is the glass. The antique milk bottles came from a neighborhood garage sale a couple years back and I just adore them. I suppose now they can't be parted.