Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day Fiesta!

I decided to "go easy" for Mother's Day and just do a taco bar for the family. Crock-pot shredded chicken, beans, tortillas, all the fixings...simple. Until I saw on Pinterest the cutest cactus cut-out cookies and decided I just needed to make them! And for those of you who know me, know I am not a baker. Nor a pastry decorator.

But on this day, I decided I would be. However, in my collection of 100 cookie cutters (I'm not exaggerating) I couldn't locate a cactus so I jumped in the car and headed to our local cookie cutter store (also known as Wine and Cake) to purchase said cactus and also scored a tipi!

Several hours, lots of curse words and phallic jokes later, the cookies were complete! Let's just say I reached my cut-out cookie quota for the year.


Happy Mother's Day to all the moms who have passed on their love of baking and pampering those they love?