Thursday, July 6, 2017

July Goals

The first six months of 2017 have absolutely flown by. So much so, that I find it a little troubling. How can I let so much time slip by and have nothing to show for it, yet still feel so mentally drained? Before our vacation I felt so overwhelmed. I was working 12 hour days, to go home and change gears to my freelance work. I was so over being needed and pulled in so many directions, yet still felt like I was just running in circles.

Of course 19 days off will completely change that mentality. To the extent that I actually cried on the last night of our trip in the Canary Islands. Mainly because I was sad to leave my bestie and feared it might be another year before being with her in person. But also because this was the first time in a long time I was 100 percent in every moment and didn't have a care in the world. I wasn't making decisions (other than to drink wine or beer), I wasn't organizing, not a single person needed me to do anything (okay, maybe some chopping of vegetables here and there), I was carefree and happy and loving. All of the things I think I may have lost track of the last several months.

So, where does this leave me for July Goals. Well, in a few days I will put my last issue of Vow Bride to bed and my summer responsibilities will be completed. I'm going to sleep. A lot. Take naps and cuddle. I want to finish a couple books I started, get back in the kitchen and back to this blog. I'm also going to take a chill pill when it comes to work.

July, I'm loving you already.