Thursday, May 29, 2014

May Self Portrait


Funny how one image can invoke so many feelings. Last month, Mike and I had our engagement photos taken. I should clarify. I asked my friend, and very talented photographer, Angela to snap a few pictures of us downtown for our Save the Date. In return she handed me 60 amazing images that completely made me feel all warm and fuzzy, and for many reasons. Obviously, I love them because they’re our engagement pictures…which means WE'RE GETTING MARRIED! (Still seems crazy.) I love that we both look so happy and calm and that you feel like you’re getting a little glimpse into those private moments only I’m lucky enough to have. I love the backdrop of Freemason because it has so much history for me and Mike…where we met, fell in love, shared our first apartment and created so many memories together and with friends. And that Angela carved out the perfect little nooks and crannies for us to “Just make out for a minute! Go ahead!” as Ang would say. And I love that I have made friends with such a fun, thoughtful and creative person, who happens to have a wonderful skill and eye as a photographer, and captured these special photographs for us. Here are just a few of my favorites that make me smile ear to ear. Please check out all of Angela's work here, she's just fabulous!