Tuesday, June 7, 2016

#51: Coldbrew

I can't believe how easy - and delicious this was. I'm excited I decided to tackle this list item so early in the Summer so I can enjoy iced coffees during the hot days ahead. The recipe I followed made a pretty small batch, so I would recommend doubling this amount, especially if you have more than one coffee drinker in the house.



What you need:
6 oz of coffee, ground coarse with a few whole beans
6 cups of water
a pitcher, mesh colanders, coffee filters
creamer or liquor is optional, but very welcomed


What you do:
1. Combine water and coffee in a pitcher. Cover and let sit on your counter for 24 hours.
2. Run through your mesh strainer a few times. I ran the brew through my clever drip once to really strain out the fine grounds.
3. Refrigerate until cold.
4. Fill a glass with ice, add coffee, a splash of water (if the taste is too strong) and your creamer of choice.