Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July Self Portrait



July was a good month. It was good for the soul, for the heart and for clearing my mind.

I had some much-needed phone conversations with a good friend, who, for the first time in a long time seems so amazingly happy.

I took a day off from work to go hang out with my nephews. We played and ate lunch, changed diapers and even read stories.

I purged a lot of stuff I hadn't seen in years and was happy to give it a new home.

I spent an evening at The Plot with a buddy catching up and eating sandwiches. This making me believe more than ever in Norfolk and our growing Arts District.

We left our house for a trip to the farm for a weekend of fresh air, which was tremendously therapeutic.

I finally faced the fact that (neither of) my Grandma(s) would not be attending our wedding, and while it stung for a week, I finally found the inspiration in that repurposing one of their dresses would allow for both of them to still be with us that day.

I took pictures, I created, I cooked, I baked, I laid out in the sun. All of these little things that seem so everyday, I let myself take time with them. Take them in, enjoy them, and in return I feel more at peace.

I'm participating in the 92 Days of Summer challenge. Click here to read all about it and here to a see a gallery of pictures of everyone participating.