Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Asheville


We have been talking about going to Asheville for years. Finally, this year we made it happen! We left on Thanksgiving afternoon, made a pit stop in Charlotte, then spent the rest of the weekend shopping, eating and visiting the eclectic city. Of course, my favorite part was the gorgeous Biltmore Estates! The mansion was decorated for Christmas and it totally put me in the mood for the holiday season. I also really enjoyed being in a new city with such a booming arts vibe, lots of local establishments and exploring with my favorite boy. I have lots more to share about all the inspiration I found within the city, but that'll come next!

Battery Park Book Exchange. A shop full of books and lots of spaces to relax with some bubbly.

Carmel's Restaurant with a fantastic fried green tomato and cheese sandwich, with a hefty beer flight as well.

The Grove Arcade, reminds me so much of the Seldon & Montecello Arcades in Norfolk.

Gingerbread decorating competition.

Inside the Arcade

The Biltmore

Statues by the reflecting ponds


The Conservatory


Love that door with the wreath on it! And all the Christmas Cacti!

Airplants in a wreath!


Found this cutie among the poinsettias. 


The Grove Park Inn, which we'll be staying in next time.


Riverwalk Artist Gallery