Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Felt Flowers: Spring Collection


The Spring Collection was the hardest for me, and I'm still brainstorming some other color combinations. My grandmother always had daisies growing beside her garage, so I definitely want to make a big daisy bouquet for all the Mothers and Grandmothers in May.


I played around with lavender stems and am pretty happy with them. They would make great housewarming presents, and since they are lightly infused with lavender spray, it's pretty much the real thing.


The great thing about felt flowers is you can have them in any color! In the real world, it's a little hard to come by real baby blue flowers. In the felt world, it's just another day in the studio.


I think these mini bouquets (about five inches tall) would make great Easter gifts for family and friends. The flowers can also be attached to hair clips or elastic headbands and tucked inside Easter eggs. Is it bad I'm already looking forward to the Spring and it's just starting to feel like Autumn? I guess another benefit of felt is I don't have to wait to for a new season to start working on my creations!