Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Flora



While meandering around Asheville, we stumbled upon Flora. It reminds me a lot of Studio Posy, here in Norfolk, but a bit bigger. The Asheville shop is a full service florist that does weddings and everyday bouquets, but also offers gifts, such as jewelry, cards and decor.






The shop is just gorgeous! I love the clean and simple, yet rustic feel of the space. There is a lot of stuff to look at, but it doesn't feel cluttered at all. All the furniture seems antique or vintage, but since it has all be painted white and weathered it matches so well. Not to mention the great use of chalkboards (and painted drawers and doors to make chalkboards) within some of the display pieces.



I was immediately texting Glass Gardens with lots of ideas for new creations, including these cutie egg succulents. Haven't heard the verdict if it's worth all the trouble of carefully breaking eggs to create the "pot", or what you do with the leftover eggs...?


I love this idea of "Build A Bouquet"! I think it would be a fun addition to my felt flowers for a craft show, pop-up or even an idea for a class. I didn't find out if those prices are per stem...if so that's a pretty expensive bouquet - but great for sales :). If you're in the Asheville area, be sure to check out this gem. It's on your way to the Riverwalk Arts District, so you can't miss it!