Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Year of Portraits


I say it every year, and will probably continue to say it for the rest of my life, but this year absolutely flown by. I was involved in so many projects, activities and functions, looking back, I'm not sure when I had time to sleep! This month was no different. I'm in the process of designing the final report for Norfolk's November Better Block. I'm continuing my work with Table Seven, The Downtown 100, a couple consignment relationships and today marks the last day of the Pop Up Shop (one project I have not even mentioned to you yet!). 

It hasn't been an easy month. Actually, it's been grueling. I've been torn between being that 9-5 young professional, the hopeful entrepreneur, an eager community activist and the yearning family girl. Where does your allegiance lie? And how do you decide? For so long, I've decided not to decide and indulge in every opportunity possible. Thankfully, my method of madness hasn't proven me wrong. I've had so many wonderful moments in 2013 and have been extremely lucky to have such a great support group behind me. I'm not sure when I'll decide to decide, or maybe I will never have to. But for now it's just me and the Shop, for one more day.



Here's a look back at 2013.



October