Friday, August 8, 2014

#85: Paint Back Porch


Our back porch and steps area has been in need of some TLC since we moved in a year ago. Of course this was never at the top of the to-do list, but I figured it would be a good item for 92 days and an easy weekend project. That is was not! Between the rain, the heat, the swarming mosquitoes and drying times it took me about 4 days to complete.


I scrapped the peeling paint to find several colors underneath, yellow, hunter green and even dark red! I sanded all the surfaces smooth and applied one heavy coat to all 17 stairs, almost 60 pickets and several other random planks and floors. The cost of paint was about $30 and I was able to use rollers and brushes we had from other projects, making this a well-worth-the-sacrifice type of job.









I'm participating in the 92 Days of Summer challenge. Click here to read all about it and here to a see a gallery of pictures of everyone participating.