Sunday, March 6, 2016

Salad Sunday


I've been trying some new salad recipes in attempt to shed the winter weight I picked up in the last few months. I thought it would be challenging to jazz up the same old salad routine, but of course Pinterest came to my rescue and my salads have been quite interesting this week. For this kale salad, I'm totally digging the curry and honey dressing and will definitely make it a regular on the menu. 

What you need:
1 bunch kale
1 15 ounce can chickpeas
4 mini yellow, orange or red bell peppers
2 green onions, diced

for the dressing1 tsp honey
1 pinch paprika
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar

salt and pepper to taste

What you do:
1. Mix everything for the dressing in a glass shaker. Chop the onions and add to the dressing to marinade. 
2. Chop the peppers in rings. Cut the ribs out of the kale, and chop the remaining leaves. Combine in a large bowl.
3. Drain and rinse the chickpea then add to the veggies. Pour the dressing over the salad and season with salt and pepper. Eat right away, or let the dressing soak in for a few hours for a better taste.