Thursday, March 24, 2016

March Self Portrait

I'm not sure how I stumbled upon the #marchmeetthemaker challenge, but I am pretty proud of the outcome of what a few extra minutes each morning can produce.


I won't bore you with the detailed explanations of all the photos, but if you insist...then check them out at Instagram. I will say I have two favorites of this exercise. Second row/photo five, Third row/photo one. These two best sum up who and what fairview place is - a beautiful mess. Haha, I'm only slightly joking. It's easy to get caught up in the photos of perfectly manicured studio spaces, cute storage essentials, gorgeous product shots and so on. How a person can create such beautiful things and not make a complete mess? I find it completely refreshing to bring out my boxes of findings, a pile of felt and a glue gun and have half the room torn apart in a matter of minutes (I would imagine that the hubs feels completely refreshed when it's all put away at the end of the night ;).  So, moral of the story? Quit obsessing over the perfect photos and do what comes naturally!