Thursday, March 17, 2016

Poster Board to the Rescue!

Today's #MarchMeetTheMaker is photography, which I thought was a great theme. Product photography is something I've struggled with for years. I had the good fortune to befriend many photographers in college who taught me about composition and editing, and I like to believe I have somewhat a good eye . . . but in the world of products? I have no clue!

So, recently I invested a few bucks in a couple sheets of poster board and I've been making photo studios all around my house. I've also been making use of some nice natural textures, like our wood floors, seats of our dining room chairs and various trays (see below). Of course, the only catch is you need natural light and to be in the right room at the right time. But, I think I'm finally getting a hang of it. 

after photo here
Our guest room is painted yellow. That plus the morning sun bouncing off the neighbor's white siding is a perfect concoction for nice photos.


after photo here
One of my go-to's is the landing for the back entrance to our house. Looks a little shady - and is definitely cold in the winter, but it does the trick every time. As long as the dryer isn't on ;)


after photos here, here and here. oh and here!

This trusty bamboo gift came from our wedding registry, but I think it's been used in more fairview place photo shoots and brooch transporting than for kitchen needs.


after photo here

My favorite chair was the scene recently when I caught some innocent light coming in our living room very early one morning before work.