Thursday, March 8, 2012
I've been looking for a boyfriend-type blazer for a few months now and haven't found anything I really fell in love with. A couple weeks ago I found this boys blazer at the thrift store for $5. It's in great shape, but wasn't ready to wear. After about an hours worth of work, I updated the coat with a little pop of color and bright (freshly spray painted) buttons.
I used stitch witchery to hem a piece of fabric on two ends (photo 1), sewed the non-hemmed ends together (photo 2) and pinned the cuff in place. Pretty much it was all done with the amazing stitch witchery and 30 seconds of a sewing machine. Gotta love that stuff!
I love my new blazer and can't wait to try another one in the very-near future :)