Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!


This was my first time ever making chicken wings! And from the photo of remains I think I did a pretty good job. Probably also helped I had this easy to follow recipe I originally found on foodgawker
 
What you'll need:
1 1/2 pounds chicken wings
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1 cup hot sauce (I used a mixture of hot sauce, BBQ sauce and buffalo sauce)
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp honey

What you'll do:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix together the chicken broth, hot sauce and spices. Add the chicken and simmer until it is almost cooked (about 15 -20 minutes).
3. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and carefully move the wings onto the pan. Bake until crisp, about 30 minutes. Make sure to turn a couple times to roast evenly.
4. While the wings are baking, discard about half the hot sauce (and the bay leaf) and boil the remaining until thickened. Return the crispy wings to the skillet and toss with sauce.
5. Optional: serve with celery, carrots and blue cheese.