Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thrifty Thursdays: CSA

Now spending $190 may not seem like a thrifty idea, but hear me out.

The 5 Points Community Farm Market has a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program which runs four times throughout the year. What is the CSA you ask? It's a program to support local farmers, the farm market and providing better quality produce to your family. Basically, you get a huge bag of local or regional produce every week (with recipes) for two and half months...but what would I do with a huge bag of produce every week? I convinced my friends to split the bag with me, thus splitting the cost.

Essentially I'm going to have fresh local produce for the next 12 weeks for about $8 a week....I'm gonna go ahead and say that's being pretty thrifty, right?

Stay tuned and see what we end up getting in our delicious bags in just a few short weeks!