Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thrifty Thursday

 I was bound and determined to get to some estate sales last weekend. I found, what I thought were going to be some real gems on Craigslist, but was disappointed. When I think Estate Sale, I think an entire house full of old furniture, clothes, boxes of old dishes and oddities galore. The first sale, which took me up to Newport News was the closest I came to a gem. However, it did not promise the "sewing and vintage buttons" like in the ad. I was able to convince Mike to come to the others with me and we found a few things we just couldn't live without. And I think perhaps Mike actually enjoyed himself!

I had to get this for Mike. At $1, even if it didn't work I wasn't out much. To our enjoyment, it works awesome!


I think we'll be seeing some new music cards coming from Leo Walker and his Great Dance Bands.

Inside pages of the band book.

Mike convinced me to get this Ginger Jar. After some research, I learned the peacock
design on this jar means "bounty." The woman who lived in the house certainly had it!

1946 Life Magazines. Only 10 cents an issue then, I paid $3 for two!

Canasta set, kinda like 500 Rummy, but you play with 4 people in teams.

The big gold necklace reminds me of a worm...a really fat one...which is why I just HAD to have it.