Monday, February 20, 2012

Roasted Butternut Squash


As seen on my inspiration board this month, the "Rooibos butternut pizzettas." I never had any intention of getting the rooibos tea leaves, so substituted one of my favs instead: garlic. With the squash, I served some homemade mac 'n' cheese I had made a few nights before. I have to admit this is pretty much a vegetarian's dream come true.

What you need:
1 butternut squash
3 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 large cloves of garlic, minced
rosemary
salt and pepper

What you do:
1. Cut the squash at the neck, wrapping and saving the bottom fat portion for later. Stand the squash on end and trim off the hard skin. Then cut into 1/2" slices.
2. On low heat saute your garlic until fragrant.
3. Grease your baking dish.
4. Dip the squash slices into the oil (each side) and lay on your baking dish. Season with rosemary, salt and pepper.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until your desired tenderness.