Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Veg-Friendly Cob Salad with Avocado Dressing

Did you know the Cobb Salad was created in 1937 by Bob Cobb,
the owner of the Derby Brown restaurant in Hollywood? 

Last month I bought a 1950s Better Homes and Gardens cookbook to make greeting cards. As I was determining which retro(active-looking) food would adorn my cards I found a recipe for avocado salad dressing, that I could pass up. I decided to make myself a vegetarian Cobb Salad. All you need for the salad is some lettuce, cheese, hard-boiled egg, fake chicken, fake bacon, artichokes and tomatoes. It's the salad dressing that deserves the fame!


What you need:
1/2 avocado, mashed
2 tbsp fat free sour cream
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Tapitio
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper

What you do:
1. Mix everything together and let sit for a few minutes before serving.