Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Upcycled Fried Rice
Okay, so that sounds a little weird. However, Mike and I got Panda Garden for dinner a few nights back (delicious, BTW), and we had loads of leftover white rice. So, essentially I upcycled my white rice into fried rice. Here's how!
1. Go to the salad bar and grab a mixture of some (or all) of the following: edamame, green/red/yellow peppers, corn, onions, mushrooms, peas and carrots.
2. Buy a small can of pineapple.
3. Stir-fry the above vegetables for 3-5 minutes on high in sesame oil (or whatever oil you have), with garlic, Thai chilies (I used the crushed/dried kind) and soy sauce.
4. Add the pineapple and cook until just caramelized.
5. Add the rice, pineapple juice and more soy sauce. Cook on high until everything gets a little sticky and crispy. Serve immediately.