Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Downtown Garden Center


Downtown Norfolk was lucky enough to receive a new (but temporary) pop-up garden center. The McDonald Garden Market opened in March and will close mid-July. I walked over the other day to see just what they had going on and was actually pretty impressed with what I saw.


They have a nice variety of flowers and plants, big and small – and of all price ranges. I was happy to see a nice selection of herbs (4.99 for a small-ish pot) and veggies (for as cheap as $1.99). I haven't bought anything yet since the last frost day is suppose to be April 15...I'm also figuring out what I think I can grow after last year's fiasco.

The market is open daily from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., closing early on Sundays at 6 p.m. It's a great little addition to our downtown neighborhood, so I'm hoping they do well for the season!