Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A First Time for Everything


About a month ago Kelly Jo asked me if I would do some maternity photos of her and Randy before the baby arrived. To be honest, I was a little nervous at first. What a huge privledge to document such a special time in their lives...and what a huge weight on my shoulders to get it just right! But, I'm always up for a challenge, so I agreed without hesitation and got to work researching pregnant lady photos (I'll admit, this was a first).


Most photographed steps in Freemason? Quite possibly...

We were so lucky to have beautiful weather, upper 70s and a golden sunset. We spent about an hour walking around Freemason, posing in front of little spots I had scouted out. During our little shoot, a couple with their professional photographer walked by and I felt like the real deal for a hot minute, haha.

Lucky for us, the tide was in!

The best part of the whole evening was making some lovely photos of two amazing people. They were so much fun to photograph. Randy was an great sport and helped me get more comfortable with telling people how to pose. Plus, he had some great ideas of his own (above).

I just love this photo of her!


I have to thank them both for letting my amateur skills help document their special time. Maybe by their next one I'll have a few more tricks up my sleeve ;)