Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Beer Tasting Night


My friend Susie and I decided to hold a little beer tasting night at my place last week. It turned out to be quite a success with more than 10 different beers, a dinner potluck and pumpkin carving to boot! I created this beer tasting list for our attendees to keep track of their favorites. If you click, you can download your own blank version.


Turns out the crowd loved the Ichabod Pumpkin Ale and the Dogfish Punkin. We were pleasantly surprised by the Woodchuck Pumpkin (mostly because it's a hard cider), and Richmond's Legend Oktoberfest was also very tasty.


At the last minute, we decided to carve the pumpkins inside. I keep forgetting that it's not staying light till 9 o'clock anymore! We spread out newspapers all over the floor and carved in the living room. I was pretty impressed with the quickness and talent of our group :)


It's a nice mid-week treat to have a potluck with friends, drink a few new brews and carve pumpkins. I think we'll make to make this a yearly tradition.