Friday, October 19, 2012

Travel Woes

I was flipping through pages of my most recent Travel+Leisure magazine and became a little discouraged when I saw the '101 Places Every Traveler Should Know' article. Granted, I knew about most of these places, but on the last page of the article there was a checklist to see how many you'd been to.


14. 14! Out of 101 places, I've only been to 14!

Honestly, I have no desire to go to Antarctica. And it's extremely difficult to get to the Galapagos Islands these days. But what about the other 85 places? How does anyone find the time (and money) to do all this traveling? I've decided I need to make more of an effort to do traveling. Obviously weekend trips to Dubai won't work out, but adventures to the in-country sights are definitely do-able. Now to decide what US city will be first on the travel list... How many can you cross off the list? Where would your next stop be?