Friday, May 17, 2013

Funky Cards for Everyone!


I have to admit, I'm kinda obsessed with these wedding and shower cards. Earlier in the Spring I was thinking how I wanted to do some really funky brides or "will you be my bridesmaid" cards, but wasn't sure where I was going to get my hands on the artwork. I bought a huge Butterick pattern book at an Estate Sale for $1 and lone behold, illustrations of funky brides! The paper and tatted flowers came from Michaels.


More illustrations from the pattern book made the sweet cards on the left and a book titled "The Wonderful Era of the Great Dance Bands" prompted a series of big band advertisement cards (the book is huge, so the series will be ever-lasting).


Lastly, I created mini cards. The paper bag and blue are my favorites (there are also white and purple :), it makes the artwork more prevalent. I was also able to use a lot of scraps I had already cut for these cards (I love when that happens). If you see something you like, better head over to the Town Fair tomorrow to pick them up!