Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Musebles


It was a weird weekend. Mostly for reasons I can't, and don't want to, talk about just yet. Mike took a trip to Richmond for a friend's Bachelor Party and I remained productive the rest of the time. I bought flowers for Deb from Clark's Nursery in Ghent - which is a must-stop. They have definitely expanded since last year, carrying herbs and citrus trees (how badly I want a lime tree), plus all your other garden necessities, at reasonable prices. 



For the first time, I went to the Town Center Art & Wine Festival and was pleasantly surprised. They had about 20 vendors and maybe 8 wineries (I didn't get to them all), live music and outdoor seating in the Fountain Plaza. It's much smaller than the Town Point Wine Festival we usually go to in Norfolk, but here you could actually taste the wine, and you didn't have to pay just to get in the door!

Kelly made coffee flan for dessert on Sunday.
The consistency and coffee aftertaste was just right!
I think coconut should be next on the list.

Sunday morning I woke up at 7 a.m., started laundry, cleaned the house, ran to the grocery store and took out the trash all before 9! I realized this is the routine my mother (and most mothers) has been living for the past 40 years of her life. When I was taking a five-minute break at 10:15, I realized how lucky those of us with wonderful mothers really are...We spent the rest of the afternoon with Mike's momma, brother and sister-in-law - it was her first Mother's Day!! Thomas got her the nicest engraved bookmark, he told me he picked it out all by himself (the boy has good taste ;). 

Honestly, I'm ready for Thursday. I'm not sure I can deal with two more days like today...