Monday, June 30, 2014

#32: Dry Shampoo


I've always used Baby Powder as my dry shampoo. Before our trip to New Orleans, I found a Treseme travel-sized aerosol can at Target and it was my saving grace. But the cost can add up and I knew there had to be some DIY recipes on Pinterest.

Here's what I found:
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup cocoa powder
a makeup brush (or powder bottle)
a few drops of essential oil *optional

I can't believe that this Pinterest mixture actually worked! Even though I was a little worried about walking around smelling like a candy bar, I opted to not add the optional essential oil. Surprisingly the corn starch does a great job of muting the cocoa smell out...but not completely. I would definitely advise using the "optional" essential oil and plan on adding some to mine.

I'm participating in the 92 Days of Summer challenge. Click here to read all about it and here to a see a gallery of pictures of everyone participating.