Monday, June 9, 2014

Getting the hang of it


I've been trying my hand at some larger bouquets ever since I donated one to Alchemy's charity auction a few weeks ago (and it sold for more than $65!). I also need to get some practice in before starting the bouquets I'll be using in our wedding. There are lots of tips and tricks I've been learning along the way, but am still working on perfecting wrapping the stems together. Since I'm using floral wire as the stems, which is way skinnier than most flower stems, the bottom of the bouquet has been a bit lacking. But, practice makes perfect, right?


This was also an attempt to use up the yard of hot pink felt I acquired....but as you can see, the hot pink wasn't the major player here. Anyway, I think it's a fun Spring- and Summer-appropriate bouquet and would look great at a shower, brunch or little girl's birthday party!