Monday, June 25, 2012

#18: Reconnect with Friends


It's been a year since I saw my friend (and at one time mentor) Krissi, and what better way to catch up than with a wedding in Charlottesville? Our former Link editor got married at the UVA chapel with a lovely reception at the Cliffton Inn. It was the first Sunday Brunch wedding I've ever been to, but it was charming, relaxed and just Brianne's style.

 

We met on Saturday for nachos, got gelato, did a little shopping and did dinner at The Whiskey Jar in downtown. Every time I visit Charlottesville I love it a little more. There are so many great places to eat, cute places to chill, unique shops to peruse and the mountains in every background are just perfect. Honestly, I would move there in a heartbeat.


Sadly, this is the only picture I took of Krissi and I together...our place cards at the wedding. How does that happen? We're planning a NYC get-together some time later this Summer and I promise to get photos then, ha.


And finally, one of the (many) highlights of the wedding... A lavender martini! It's a Cliffton Inn original, but I will figure out how to make them and have them at least once this Summer. So, #18, you have been crossed off the list!


I'm tackling the second annual 92 Days of Summer list.
See the full post and list here.