Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pizza Party


I was having a few people over so I decided to make some mini pizzas for a light snack. They are more like flatbreads since none of them actually have pizza sauce, but I made some bruschetta for dipping. I was pretty please with the way they all came out...and the best part? I already had everything I needed to bake (including the herbs from the garden) – that's a pretty rare occasion for me!

So here are my mini pizza combinations:
  1. Rosemary & Mushroom: small can of mushrooms, handful of fresh rosemary (chopped), feta, parmesan, salt and pepper
  2. Asparagus & Red Onion: 4-5 asparagus (cut into 1-2" pieces), thinly sliced red onion, pepperjack cheese and red pepper flakes
  3. Pear & Mint: 1 thinly sliced pear (I used canned), handful of fresh mint (minced), sugar and parmesan 
  4. Basil & Garlic: Handful fresh basil (chopped), 4-5 cloves thinly sliced garlic, feta and lots of fresh cracked pepper and salt

And for the bruschetta...
Combine one can of diced tomatoes (drained), basil (chopped), 2-3 cloves fresh garlic (minced), a tsp of balsamic, salt and lots of pepper. Let it chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving so all the flavors fuse together.