Monday, June 11, 2012

#61: Harbor Fest


The 36th Annual Harbor Fest was this past weekend, which also coincided with the 2012 OpSail Virginia event, making this weekend quite exciting in our neck of the woods. We toured several ships - one was set up like a museum (#20: New Museum), did a little exploring, bought some sunglasses and took advantage of many of the happenings. I've gathered up my favorites (there are a lot, I just couldn't pick!).


Ecuador's Navy Ship.


 

There were three parade of sails (the last one is actually happening tomorrow), and we went to the very first one last Wednesday. This was the British Navy arriving in the Elizabeth River.



Lots of local boats outside the Pagoda.




Tall ships at night before the fireworks. Gotta love that light!


 This one's for my Dad :)


I'm tackling the second annual 92 Days of Summer list.
See the full post and list here.