Tuesday, August 28, 2012

#37: Tienda Jessy's



We had planned to go golfing (#91) after work last night. Unfortunately, the course was being aerated and then it decided to pour down rain. Instead we drove around the neighborhood a while, admiring all the houses and then we headed over to Tienda Jessy's. I'm not sure how I even heard of this place or why I even added to the list to begin with, but I'm SO happy we went (way) out of our way to try it.

Honestly, it's a total dive. It's attached to a little ethnic grocery store, the room was filled with a thick grease cloud and they were playing the entire Soundgarden CD. But, it was amazing. The place was packed, the food was delicious and the people were so kind.

I tried the veggie sopes and tostada. Mike got a huge plate of meat, haha. I loved how fresh all the food was (even if half of it was fried). The sauces were pretty spicy, but excellent and they even served Coca-Cola products in the old school glass bottles...who does that anymore?

I definitely have to give this place two thumbs up. Until next time, Jessy.


I'm tackling the second annual 92 Days of Summer list.
See the full post and list here and comment
if you want to help me cross a off a few!