Tuesday, August 7, 2012

#28: New Embroidery Stitches


Obviously, I do a lot of embroidery. Typically, I only use one kind of stitch, which can get pretty boring. So, I was determined to learn some new stitches this summer to make some more interesting patterns in my books and even on some of my felt food. I consulted my Martha Stewart Encyclopedia (yes, I do own a copy) and started stitching away.

It's actually quite harder than it looks! I love the chain stitch, but definitely need some more practice at that. And I'm thinking the long and short stitch could make a nice design on some of my new felt pastries. I have a long way to go before mastering any of these techniques, but practice makes perfect, I suppose!


I'm tackling the second annual 92 Days of Summer list.
See the full post and list here and comment
if you want to help me cross a off a few!