Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January Cure


After completing our kitchen project I felt I needed to keep going through the apartment and fixing everything up. Since we rent, and I'm pretty sure we aren't going to get a budget every month for new projects, the rest is up to me. You may also be asking why do so much to a property you're just renting? Well, my boyfriend and I have been living in this 800 square-foot apartment for about a year-and-a-half and while I hope 2013 may take us to our very own abode, it may not. I want to be as content and comfortable in our cozy little space as possible, which is why I signed up for Apartment Therapy's January Cure.

It's a month-long home/apartment cleanse and declutter with daily tasks and inspiration from fellow bloggers. Today's task was to make a Projects List. Identify spots in your space that need some TLC (or just a good scrub), then highlight 3-5 items from each room to concentrate on. Here's what I've narrowed my list to:

Living Room:
Donate Magazines to Library
Sort through crate of pottery and find a home for it
Add family/friends photos to room
Reorganize buffet table

Bedroom:
Clean ceiling fan
Refinish bookshelf
Get rid of stereo (that's ultimately up to Mike)
Clean closet floor

Bathroom:
Dingy shower curtain
Cluttered drawers
Dusty shelves

Kitchen:
Fix washer/dryer noise
Paint crown molding (ask Landlord to do)
Gas/carbon monoxide dector

Landing:
Better organize and utilize space
Get rid of leftover kitchen remodeling stuff

Office: 
Make better use of the space
Reorganize bookshelf
Get a new rug
Drop stuff off to Goodwill

You can follow along in the LiveBlog process here or signup to be apart of The Cure here.