Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Musebles


This was one of those weekends that left me extremely exhausted, and I didn't even get a whole lot done. I can't complain though, the weekdays have been flying by so I know in no time it'll be Friday again. I've found it helps to make a list first thing Saturday morning and try to stick to it all weekend, which kinda happened.


I was in need of a haircut so bad...it's been more than six months! So I went on Saturday and left with a lot less hair. I asked for 2-3 inches off, but somehow she heard 4-5. I'm not gonna lie, I freaked out for a couple minutes at home. But it's only hair, so I'm over it.


Saturday night we had a girls night wit some delicious homemade Mexican food and daiquiris. We got to catch up on a lot of good gossip and made it out to one of our favorite bars for drinks. New tip I learned when making daiquiris...go half and half daiquiri mix and half pina colada mix - yum!


Kelly surprised me with my favorite cookies as my (early) birthday present. And I'll have to admit, I'm glad she didn't get them all the way finished before I got there because we got to bake together. She couldn't find the black raspberry jam my mom typically uses, so she substituted red raspberry. Perfection!

After making the cookies we got some playtime with Thomas. Mike and I talked the whole way home about how awesome it is to see him growing and learning. He was mimicking sounds and clapping and even shaking his head when he didn't want some food. He's a smart little guy - not that I would expect anything different :)