Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Musebles


In attempt to keep my weekends productive and work on my photography skills, I'm starting a new weekly feature called Monday Musebles. It'll give me a chance to recap what I did all weekend and break out my camera for some always-needed practice. We completed our weekend chores for the January Cure, which included cleaning the floors, buying flowers and adding to the "outbox."


The landing has been a mess since the kitchen reno, so we tackled that first thing on Saturday. We sorted through the piles of boxes, moved stuff to the dungeon, donated magazines to the library and a bunch of goods to the CHKD. We treated ourselves to brunch at The Green Onion and I enjoyed a very tasty poached egg sandwich (I also noticed they have $10 sangria pitchers, which I will be back for).


 The rest of the day I spent working on my new felt food project: Donuts! Saturday night we met up with some friends for drinks at The Big Easy, and I always forget how much I love the place and am never impressed with the waitstaff. Oh well...





Sunday we slept in until 10 a.m. and I'm not ashamed to admit it! It was glorious! I video chatted and brainstormed with a friend for some upcoming blog posts (our first guest blogger) and finished up my donuts - I love when I can multitask. At about 3 p.m. I started cooking for Mike's Redskins Playoff Game Get-Together and didn't stop until after 6 p.m. I made wings and potato wedges, cinnamon pull-apart bread (recipe coming later this week), cut up veggies for the week and cleaned the kitchen. I'll note that I didn't mind any of it, because I LOVE my new kitchen.