Friday, July 6, 2012

#2: See a Play


Last night my parents, along with Mike's parents all went to see "Swing Time Salute" presented by Norfolk's Virgina Stage Company. This was a special six-week show created especially for the OpSail/Harbor Fest celebration that was in downtown Norfolk at the beginning of June. What was really neat, was they performed right on the deck of the Battleship Wisconsin which has taken permanent residency in Norfolk.


Even though the temps were in the upper 90s for the evening show, the sun setting over the Elizabeth River was the perfect backdrop for the performance. The singers belted away some great 40s and 50s music with some pretty sweet dance moves as well. I can honestly say I knew every word of the three Andrews Sisters songs they sang....thanks to my dad :)


Me and my Mama before the show. Isn't she adorable? She's even sporting a bag I made for her like 7 years ago!

I'm tackling the second annual 92 Days of Summer list.
See the full post and list here and comment
if you want to help me cross a off a few!