Thursday, July 26, 2012

#33: Quenna's Raw & Vegan


I've heard about Quenna's lots of times, but because of it's location out in Oceanview I've never actually tried the raw- and vegan-friendly restaurant. I was expecting more of a sandwich bar with counter-service, but was welcomed by a host and waitstaff. I actually got my order to-go since I was in the process of running 100 errands, but they were speeding with my picks: stuffed tomatoes and a rockin' cran smoothie. The smoothie was probably one of the best I've ever had. Seriously. The tomatoes threw me off a bit with the grated seaweed, but was actually a great salty compliment to the hearty vegan stuffing.

My bill was $15, which seems a little pricey for a quick lunch, but it's such a unique place and a must-stop for anyone with a meat-restrictive diet. The next time I'm out in Oceanview, I'll be sure to stop back for another flavorful (and healthy) smoothie!


I'm tackling the second annual 92 Days of Summer list.
See the full post and list here and comment
if you want to help me cross a off a few!