Friday, July 13, 2012

#73: Farmer's Market


I spotted this little farmer's market the very first trip we made to Poquoson and finally made a stop yesterday on my way to see the nephew (and his momma :). Pearl's Produce is a locally-owned stand gathering all its crops from their fields right in Poquoson. The stand is on the corner of Victory Blvd and Carys Chapel Road. They also set up a stand at the weekly farmer's market in Yorktown, which is on Saturday mornings from 8 a.m. to Noon.


I bought a gigantic tomato and six sweet banana peppers for $3.30. You absolutely cannot beat that. I'm going to try and can the peppers like my mom does with some dill, garlic and vinegar....should be interesting. Hopefully I can find a few more of these quaint little markets before the Summer is over, which seems right around the corner!


I'm tackling the second annual 92 Days of Summer list.
See the full post and list here and comment
if you want to help me cross a off a few!