Monday, July 23, 2012

#34: Bake a Fancy Cake


It may not look that fancy, but it sure tasted fancy! I put my blackberries from last week to good use in a cake I made on Sunday for a cookout. I cheated a little and bought box cake (butter pecan flavor), but added a handful of mashed berries to the batter.


I found an AMAZING recipe for icing online and I may never use another icing recipe again! It's simple: 3 cups powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 8 oz cream cheese. I used light cream cheese and threw in a couple blackberries instead of the lemon juice. I'm happy to report the cake was a huge success and quite a seasonal treat! #34, so long!



I'm tackling the second annual 92 Days of Summer list.
See the full post and list here and comment
if you want to help me cross a off a few!