Monday, July 30, 2012

#4: Visit Richmond

Precious little Molly :)

Saturday we made a trip to Richmond (#4 Visit Richmond) to visit some friends and their adorable daughter. We had such a great time hanging out and doing a little sight-seeing around the city. Plus, I inadvertently was able to cross five things off the Summer to-do list.



Lunch at Legend Brewing Company (#40 Visit a Brewery) where I tried a couple of the Pale Ales and a veggie burger with fried brussel sprouts. Not only is the beer delicious, but they had a terrific vegetarian menu and can make any burger into a meatless one!



We took a little "hike" out to Belle Isle (#66 Go Hiking), which I actually visited a few back with my sister. It was Mike's first time to the Richmond hot spot, and isn't quite convinced this would replace our weekend beach days if we lived in Richmond... I agree, but it's a pretty close second!



Then we treated ourselves to Slurpees (#22 Get a Slurpee). Sugar Free Peach Mango? Yes, please!



On Sunday we packed a little picnic lunch and headed to Maymont Park. I can't believe I had never been, or even heard of this 100-acre park. It has luscious gardens ( #47 Botanical Gardens), a petting zoo, a small wildlife preserve (with bears, eagles and foxes!), a mansion which you can tour and tons of land to just enjoy the outdoors.

I'm tackling the second annual 92 Days of Summer list.
See the full post and list here and comment
if you want to help me cross a off a few!